Repairs By Manufacturer
Repairs By Manufacturer (cont.)
1976-1989 Porsche 911 Overhaul Service
Common symptoms for this unit
The common issue with this unit is a failed odometer and tripmeter. The speedometer can fail at times due to corrosion. Cosmetic restorations can be performed, but are very dependent of the condition of the unit. Exterior ring can be blasted and painted for a $25 charge, and needle sanding and painting an extra $15. If face must be touched up it will need to be inspected before estimate will be given(pictures will not suffice). We take great care in our work to make sure your speedometer head is in the best of condition, to give you many more years of service. Our repair does not just replace odometer gears, but also performs preventative maintenance to prevent other known problems in the future. If you are experiencing any other issues/symptoms with this part please call us before purchasing this repair. 770-831-8802
Our odometer gears are 100% made in the US and carry a lifetime part warranty through our friends at Odometer Gears.
- Your Instrument Cluster is inspected, disassembled, repaired, and cleaned.
- Main odometer gear is replaced.
- Entire PCB is reflowed and broken connections repaired.
- Components containing electrolyte are replaced.
- Backlighting bulbs are replaced.
- Cosmetic restoration estimates can be made free of charge at this time. No cosmetic restoration estimate will be given without hands on inspection of unit.
- 2 business day turn-around for normal overhaul Cosmetic restorations can take from 2 weeks to 4 months (highest time estimate typically involves rechroming of individual parts if necessary.)The rest is shipping time
- 5 year, unlimited mileage warranty (Light bulbs warranted for one year)